7.12.2012

In the heart of a good book, sometimes you feel...

"Now and then, I lie awake thinking I might like to have someone courting me. But it would have to be someone who is a square shooter and who has a train load of courage. And it would have to be someone who doesn't have to talk down to folks to feel good, or to tell a person they are worthless if they just made a mistake. And he'd have to be not too thin. Why, I remember hugging Ernest was like wrapping your arms around a fence post, and I love Ernest, but I want a man who can hold me down in a wind. Maybe he'd have to be pretty stubborn. I don't have any use for a man that isn't stubborn. Likely a stubborn fellow will stay with you through thick and thin and a spineless one will take off, or let his heart wander."

-Sarah Prine
These Is My Words

i think she had it about right.

2 comments:

Lil Lizzie said...

love that book!

Kara said...

Oh I loved this book and just knew you would too. These is wise words!