11.20.2010

Weekend

Oh my goodness..



Im obsessed with ballroom dance.
But really. I love to do it, I love to watch it. I love the beautiful dresses and the way it makes you feel pretty or sassy or cute, no matter how you were feeling before. I love that it's a team effort. The boys lead the girls, yes, but they have to work together. And when they both try really hard and practice, it turns into something beautiful.
Good thing I have kathryn to enjoy it with me :)

Last Saturday was dancesport. Kathryn and I both competed triple swing in the morning... then we may or may not have come back at night for another 5 hours to watch the other events....

So just a few things that have been on my mind...
(1) do you ever feel like right when you get to the point where you think you're handling everything pretty well, God feels the need to test you and see how much you really can handle? I literally wrote in my journal just the other day... "I'm really busy, but I feel like I am handling it better than ever"

Then this week came, and has stretched me more than a little. I took a test before class this morning, visiting teaching tonight, have a BYUSA overnight retreat/training tomorrow night, a bridal shower Saturday when I get back, I am giving a talk and teaching gospel doctrine on Sunday, and have a test and three assignments due on Monday :) So I'm considering that stretching. And if I'm going to have stress, I'd rather that it be this kind, because if I have Him to help, I can do it. This is about what my next few days look like....



GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

...thanksgiving... :)

On that subject, I can't wait! I love my family. I just blogged about them, so I won't overwhelm you, but really I love them.

(2) So I always end up sharing these embarrassing stories on here....oops?
 I went to classic skate on Thursday.
I haven't rollerskated since mayyyybbbbbeee 3rd grade?
needless to say, my skating skills were lacking.

I fell three times in the first 10 minutes. My date helped me out and for the next hour I made wild improvement (aka no falls!) then came the end...
Ready? Let's slow down he says
I make a frantic beeline for the nearest pole and use... my heel to brake? no, my toe.
....still fell.
Then came the finale. I'm awkwardly making my way to sit down.
The waitress walks directly in my path.
In an awkward attempt to avoid hitting her I make a failed attempt to stop.
I think I kicked her in the shins anyways.
my bad.
But you haven't heard the best part yet!
As I fell my ankle may or may not have buckled underneath me.
And made a bad noise accompanied by a bad feeling.
Yesterday I bummed a ride to school
and was gimpy all day.
But it's not bruised.... just awkwardly large
....i dont know?

Because now I know how much you are dying to view my hideous ankle...
I will show it to you.

 eh... you can't really see it from this angle,
but let's remember how that foot on your left should not be connected to a canckle
(calf-ankle for those of you struggling),
but rather a normal ankle....

You should know these photos are a labor of love.
Note Above: the awkward positioning of my body.

Mostly that is all I have.
Hope you're having a great day :)

No comments: