11.18.2011

a midnight premiere

 SO, last night was like the best night....ever.
 Naturally, my roommates and I took full advantage of the opportunity
to attend the midnight premiere... of TWILIGHT. 
 Kathryn dressed as Harry Potter  
Why? [think back to the Halloween costume...we aren't sure]
And I chose to bring a lifesize cutout of Taylor Lautner along.
Apparently we are a good couple. 
We got a lot of attention...
people were like wanting to take pictures and stuff.
Ok, so mostly.... they just wanted pictures of him.
We will pretend like that is fake...
I even somehow managed to get him all the way into the theater.
What can I say? I've got skill.

Naturally, I also ran into Edward Cullen.
And subsequently told him to button up his shirt.
and spent lots of time with my fabulous roommates,
and giggled alot...
 
and took lots of pictures,
...with and without Jacob...
and drank maybe a years worth of Diet Coke,
and collectively took 4598743 bathroom breaks, approximately.

Movie Critique?
We were pleasantly surprised!
There were some corny parts.
Like really corny.
Luckily... they were few and far between,
but other parts were good.
And the sketch level?
I would compare it to like a James Bond movie,
but within the bonds of marriage.
Mostly, midnight premieres are fun. 
really, really fun.

And when you come home to hallway chats and lots of giggling....
it may well be worth it to stay up until all hours of the night. 
I mean, look how cute my roommates are.
You wouldn't be able to resist either.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this looks like so much fun - and i love that you brought a life size cutout of jacob with you :)

good to hear your review of the movie - i was wondering how they were going to pull it all off...i'm excited to see it over thanksgiving!

love,
elisabeth

Jessica Holly said...

Kathryn, I love you even more for dressing up as Harry to go to Twilight! Stephanie Meyer can never hope to be as good as J.K. Rowling. Gryffindor all the way!