1.19.2012

el bautismo

Baptism days are some of the happiest days.
Over break I went to my little Miss' baptism.
As we all took pictures of her inside
[not that scratchy brown wall with butcher paper doesn't make for a lovely background...]
I had the thought that the occasion called for a bit better lighting and scenery.

Boy, am I glad I had the thought.
Doesn't she just glow?
It was such a great experience to be there,
and see this little family together.
It made me think about all the things I love and the gospel that I am so grateful for.

I believe in Christ.

I am consistently blown away at the effects of Christ and his gospel in people's lives.
And in my own. 
I am a genuinely happy human being.
I am not happy because my life is perfect, though I am fully aware I am blessed.
I am not happy because I'm ignorant or naive, I know the world is hard.
I'm happy because I have the gospel, and I know my standing with my Heavenly Father.
I know that he loves me, despite my shortcomings.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket



Last week I took one of my very best friends in the whole world to dinner for her birthday.
We talked about high school and life and the way we are. Our similarities, our differences.
She and I were very different in high school, and as we giggled about it, she turned to me.
"You're just.... it's different than just maturity.... I think you're an old soul"

Would you know, that's exactly what little Miss' mother said about her at her baptism?
That, she truly is. Very aware, very sweet. Somehow very much older than 8 years old.

I will gladly be placed in her same category.

I bring this all up for lots of reasons.
1. It all is exactly how I feel a lot of the time, so it belongs here, right?
2. Those pictures make me happy every time I look at them.
3. My roommate just got called to serve a mission and share all of this with the people of Los Angeles for a year and a half. I can't imagine a more wonderful, sincere person to do the job.

I'm so proud of her :)
Everyone deserves this kind of happiness.
I just want to share it with the whole world.

Love Always,
Taylor Ann

1 comment:

Kara said...

I love this post. So Pure, so happy, so beautiful, so true, so you Taylor Ann. xoxo