1.27.2012

ranch days

Ok, so I love home.
I really, really love home.
So what if home makes me secretly love the smell of hay,
and somehow not mind the faint scent of manure?
Once you experience it, you will understand.
For starters, I was sick for, well... all of Christmas break.
[but, because I'm training for a race... which happens to be tomorrow]
I ran over to the ranch to meet up with the boys.
Amadore and his boys were up to brand their cattle,
and Zane brought a friend.
That, including dad and Brooke rendered me nearly useless. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So I was perfectly content to sit around and watch the boys work,
take pictures, help when I was needed, and snuggle with daddy's cowdogs.
At the end of a long work day, Amadore and his boys opened up their trailer.
They had brought everything necessary to make dinner for all of us.
Real, authentic, wonderful basque food.
Real gentleman who cooked,  cleaned, and loaded without letting the girls touch a single thing.
And when we tried, they simply smiled.. "no, no. I will get that". 

[and one son happened to be darling and have a dimple...I didn't complain...]
Oh, and my brother is a pretty darling cowboy too, agreed?
Yeah.
I miss those kind of boys.

And home too.
And ranch days.

Until then- embracing Provo.
Oh, the rapture...

 Taylor Ann

1 comment:

Jessica Holly said...

I hate you and love you all at the same time for this (let's be honest, I don't really hate you)! It makes me miss home SOOO much.