1.06.2011

Green Drinks and New Years spunk...

I'm sitting in a stairwell. Leaning against the handrail. By myself. Soaking up the sun through the window above me. My nose is sniffly and my head hurts. 

How is that possible? Yesterday I was feeling on top of the world, what with my green drink phase and New Year spunk working together to provide a feeling of bliss [ok, so maybe bliss is a little dramatic]. 

So, let's go through the two phrases I just threw out there. 

Green drink: [ps blogger.com....stop having such an issue letting me press enter and move down a line...] ok, so my fabulous brother in law mentioned once over the summer that one of his old teachers had done this "green drink" thing. We watched some videos about it. It looked...."fascinating"... would be the word to use I think. So he asked my sister, "Want to do it with me?" [mind you, this consists of stuffing a bunch of green stuff in a blender with fruit and "apparently" you can't taste it, but you get all of your fruits and vegetables?] My fabulous, fiercely independent sister replied, "I like my peaches and toast. It's the only reason I eat breakfast in the morning anyways" and the idea died.

Then I came to school, and not really for New Years reasons, but rather I-needed-to-clear-up-my-skin's-retaliation-for-holiday-partying reasons.... and my roommate mentioned she had heard about green drinks...

[[ding, ding, ding!]]
So I did it for a few days. Felt great. Skin wasn't clear, but wasn't worse but these things take time, so I felt fine about that too. Then yesterday I woke up with a tiny bit of a headache, but was really fine. Then last night the blender broke. And this morning I woke up sick. dang. but that's beside the point. I'm a believer in the green drink, and like everything else in my life, I haven't really known what I'm doing, just experimenting. 

ANNNNNNNDDDD....New Years spunk. Just wanting to be better? In alot of ways I guess. And feeling spunky? That's about all I can say about that. Do you ever just feel spunky?

It's an hour or so after the stairwell, and am I blogging in Accounting? Yes. It's better than falling asleep....

Next on my blog docket? 2010 recap...and Mexican pictures. Yep.

No comments: